In addition, plastic cards can be used a wide range of ways.
With a premium plastic card, you can print advanced graphics of superior quality on a card that can last for a lifetime. Plastic cards are not just visually appealing, they can also easily interact with most machines.
Because of the many uses of plastic cards, companies see benefits compared to traditional materials.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- This keeps outdated cards out of the trash. And if they do need to be thrown out, bio-degradable plastics allow these cards to decompose in a matter of years.
- Any business desiring to reduce its impact on the environment should use eco-friendly business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For any questions about printed plastic card and to learn more about our competitive pricing, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are alike, and making sure you find the right one for the job requires a careful examination of your needs.
We're here to assist you to make the best decision for the right plastic card printer for you and at the best price possible! Plastic Card ID offers: Take advantage of outstanding service from our reliable ID experts.
Shop the best printer brands on our user-friendly website.
Read candid product reviews from people just like you! Get award-winning service from experienced ID professionals. Expert support before, during and after your purchase
5 Key Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
It doesn't have to be an overwhelming task to shop for an ID card printer, and if you focus on these important factors, it will help you to narrow down your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
You can get most card printers in either a single-side or dual-side model.
Single sided are less expensive, but they require you to flip the cards if you want to print on both sides. Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the simpler and more affordable option.
The use a ribbon with panels to put the color onto the card, but usually leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film and give a higher quality results that doesn’t leave a border. 3) Volume Requirements
If your company prints in larger batches you’ll want a printer with a large hopper size, faster print speeds, and high yield ribbons.
Companies with small batches can save money by purchasing a handfed printer or those without high-volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security If cards are handled and swiped on a regular basis, for example as part of a security system, then it is essential that they are laminated.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for high security.
However, there are also less expensive ways for visual security measures, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be directly connected to a PC with a USB cable.
For connecting to a Mac, you must select a printer with Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, a printer with Ethernet connection is essential. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is really just another way of identifying an ID card printer.
PVC is a name for plastic. It is short for polyvinyl chloride. While it usually makes people think of construction, PVC is a durable plastic that can be used in printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can be used to refer to any kind of ID card maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC card printers can use different methods to transfer a design onto a card. Popular techniques for printing on PVC cards can include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printing uses a ribbon with three panels in the primary colors of yellow, cyan, and magenta along its entire length and is a very popular method.
While printing the card, the heated thermal elements of the print head pass over the ribbon, evaporating the EHNC on the ribbon in the appropriate spots and transferring the color to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
To download a brochure or to see a demonstration of how the Badgy Printer works, please go to:
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the affordable color plastic card printer on the market today.
You don’t need a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
You can just use a single-sided printer and flip the cards over to print both sides.
You save $600.00 when flipping the card over yourself - the cost difference between a single sided and a dual sided card printer.
AN ALL-INCLUSIVE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution, for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
Also, you can access a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can add text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more, to the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND You can print cards on your own and whenever they are needed with Badgy200.
Print your badges as needed, either one at a time or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 can produce an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
A Stronger Brand Image
The Badgy200 Printer produces personalized plastic cards using edge-to-edge professional quality printing, so that your organization's brand image can be strongly highlighted.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 can be installed like any standard office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite software, you can control the printer from your computer with notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
The Badgy200 is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, so it can fit easily into any workspace needed.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy helps you print your own customized badges in color, with professional-level quality, whenever and wherever you want. This solution allows for the instant production of personalized, secure cards for all kinds of applications.
- A Card Printer
The Badgy card printer is as easy to use as any printer; it just prints onto plastic instead of paper.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality whenever you want and wherever you want.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and used just like a standard office printer.
- Its compact design allows it to be setup anywhere in your workspace.
- Evolis provides the Badgy200 solution to help you print professional-quality color badges easily.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution designed to help you print professional-quality color badges with perfect ease.
- Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes the Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the required printer driver.
- Easily design and print professional, edge-to-edge ID cards and badges using the Evolis Badge Studio + the software that is included with Badgy200.
- The software is compatible with Mac and PC operating systems and lets you create personalized badges in minutes.
- You can control all aspects of the printing process from a computer using Badgy Premium Suite.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Badgy.com hosts a variety of free card templates that allow you to quickly come up with a professional design for your cards and badges.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all of the supplies and printer accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including Badge Studio Plus software, the printer driver, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is an affordable solution, ideal for low volume card printing applications. It's a complete, out-of-the-box, all-in-one solution that is ideal for first-time card printers.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio, that comes with card personalization software (which is compatible with Mac and PCs)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and USB and power connections at the back.
An LCD panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 features photographic, full-color, quality prints capable of covering the plastic card’s whole surface. Adding bar codes is also not a problem with Badgy.
It doesn't matter if you're printing one or 100 cards, the overall printing costs are amazingly low, so your printer solution will be easy on the budget.
The Badgy200 also has a hibernation mode that saves power when the printer isn’t in use.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview - This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
It's also very fast with a color YMCKO print speed of around 95 cards each hour, with a monochrome speed of approximately 325 cards in an hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges